Food & Consumer Products of Canada (FCPC), founded in 1959, is the largest voice of the Canadian food, beverage and consumer products industry. Our association represents small independently and privately-owned companies and large, global multinationals all of whom manufacture and distribute in Canada.
Canada’s food, beverage and consumer product manufacturers play a critical role in communities across the country by creating jobs, improving health & well-being and contributing to the sustainability of our environment.
FCPC works with government, regulatory bodies, retail and foodservice trading partners and stakeholders to find collaborative solutions on issues of importance to Canadians including food safety, innovation, supply chain efficiencies, health and wellness and food labelling, among them.
FCPC exists to help our members deliver safe and affordable products that enrich people’s lives.
Helping Grow Canada’s Economy and Communities
- Canada’s largest manufacturing employer, with more than 300,000 Canadians employed across the country
- More than 6,500 manufacturing sites in every region of Canada
- Purchase 40% of Canada’s agricultural production, and sells over 60% of its output to Canadian grocery stores & restaurants
- Our industry contributed $33.9 billion to Canada’s GDP
- Contributes more than $100 million to charitable causes, donating more than 5 million bags of groceries to food banks in Canada
We Represent Manufacturers of
Value-added meat, poultry, fish, fruit, vegetable, dairy, cereal grain products, confectionery, baking ingredients and snack foods
Milk, fruit juices, tea, coffee, soft drinks, bottled water and baby formula
Soaps and detergents, paper, health, beauty and personal care products, household batteries, magazines, over-the-counter drugs and pet foods