FCPC members are committed to providing nutrition information and educating consumers about healthy eating so they can make informed choices. They:
- empower consumers with product and nutrition information
- issue clear and consistent food labels and evidence-based health claims that help consumers make informed choices
- provide full nutritional information on the nutrient and energy content of packaged foods
- provide additional science-based nutrition information through positive-choice labelling programs on food packages and through call centres and websites
- support point-of-purchase programs designed to help Canadians make informed choices in the marketplace
- work with government to enhance industry's ability to communicate to consumers science-based nutritional benefits of foods through health claims and other means
- FCPC and 33 of its member companies and McDonalds Restaurants in collaboration with Health Canada are proud to have launched the Nutrition Facts Education Campaign.