Sustainability is a key priority for industry, government and the public. On behalf of our member companies, FCPC is committed to providing leadership in the development and implementation of viable, cost-efficient and harmonized packaging and product waste diversion programs; and to support member companies in adopting environmentally responsible practices.
FCPC’s Sustainability Strategy is focused on:
- Provincial stewardship/recycling programs
- Sustainable packaging
- Promote industry sustainability initiatives and educating members on relevant emerging trends in sustainability
Our objectives are to:
- Advocate for sound, stewardship policies that promote transparent, harmonized, effective and cost efficient programs that avoid a patchwork of multi-jurisdictional and stakeholder requirements
- Support the development of a global set of indicators and metrics for sustainable packaging
- Build industry reputation and communicate FCPC members’ role in reducing the industry’s environmental footprint to stakeholders
- Ensure member awareness of emerging issues and regulatory trends
The environment is of the utmost importance to the Canadian food, beverage and consumer products industry. FCPC members are committed to the development and implementation of viable, cost-efficient and harmonized packaging and product waste diversion programs; and to support member companies in adopting environmentally responsible practices. All across the country, we see evidence of an industry that is taking significant steps to conserve water, improve energy efficiency, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, reduce waste and encourage sustainable packaging initiatives. Details of our efforts can be found in the report entitled, "Making an Impact: Environmental Sustainability Initiatives in Canada's Food, Beverage and Consumer Products Industry".