FCPC is the Canadian food and consumer products industry’s most respected voice.
Founded in 1959, Food & Consumer Products of Canada (FCPC) is the largest and most respected voice of the Canadian food, beverage and consumer products industry.
The association promotes sound public policy, champions initiatives that increase productivity and profitable growth and helps to protect the safety and security of the consumer product supply through a commitment to scientific and supply chain excellence and industry best practices.
The industry we represent:
- is the largest employer in manufacturing, employing almost 300,000 Canadians across the country;
- operates more than 6,000 manufacturing facilities in every region across the country;
- is the largest purchaser of Canadian agricultural output, using 43% of it; and
- exports approximately 24% of shipments, 70% of which go to the United States
FCPC member companies, which include independent and privately-owned Canadian companies and global multinationals, provide Canadians with a range of products that add value to their daily lives, including:
- Food – frozen foods, refrigerated and dairy products, fish, cereal grain products, confectionery, baking and
- dessert products, snack foods, canned and bottled goods, dry grocery and pet foods
- Beverages – bottled water, milk, fruit juices, tea, coffee, soft drinks and baby formula
- Foodservice – food, beverage and CPG products, tabletop and cleaning products for foodservice, hospitals and institutions
- Consumer Products – household cleaning, paper products, health, beauty and personal care products, infant care, over-the-counter, medical and household batteries
What We Do
FCPC is the voice of industry on many issues of importance to Canadians including food and product safety; helping to bring innovative products to market including healthier-for-you options; promoting environmental stewardship; product labeling, and many related aspects of business directed toward ensuring the competitiveness of our industry so that Canadians have choice and ready access to world-leading safe and innovative products.
Our work includes helping establish and share best practice resources and business-critical education for our members. We are also involved in advocating for what is now the largest manufacturing sector in Canada with many important interconnections with other important industries such as agriculture and transportation.
 Statistics Canada, Conference Board of Canada
 Conference Board of Canada
 Conference Board of Canada, Industry Canada