ROI for your membership...
Delivering results for you
Driving business efficiencies
- Instrumental in the development of the deductions reporting tool working with Loblaw finance and IT teams.
- Worked directly with Sobeys and Metro on loyalty data package options.
- Implemented a more insightful version of the free Monthly Customer Service Key Performance Indicator Scorecard.
- Early identification of risks to your business resulted in FCPC bringing together members, key retailers, the City of Toronto and police to solve logistical challenges of delivering products during the PanAm/Parapan Am Games.
- Continued advancing our work with Retail Council of Canada and the Canadian Federation of Independent Grocers on driving greater buy-in and compliance with the industry Unsaleables Protocol.
Providing Critical Insights
- Hosted exclusive member webinars about the state of the economy with the top Scotiabank economist; insights into Target’s closing in Canada and industry events with retailers, such as Loblaw, Compass, Couche-Tard and Grand & Toy.
- FCPC’s Trade Investment benchmark ramped up category specific comparisons. We also completed a compensation benchmark to identify industry trends.
- Shared an exclusive report on a member survey about how FCPC member companies are handling the fluctuating currency.
- Held five member only industry conference calls reporting out on industry issues and opportunities gathered through surveys conducted by KPMG.
- Saving you time by providing insights through close to 100 exclusive Member Alerts, bi-weekly Digest Newsletters and Quarterly Updates.
Advocating for our members
- We were again named by The Hill Times Newsweekly as one of the top 10 most active organizations lobbying in Ottawa.
- The federal government announced the 10-year renewal of the Accelerated Capital Cost Allowance, which provides a 50% straight-line depreciation rate of eligible investments in manufacturing and equipment.
- The Alberta government decided not to include packaging under a new industry-funded Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) model at this time.
- The federal government’s proposed changes to the Nutrition Facts table will not include a reference to “added sugars”– as was originally proposed.
- Launched the second phase of the landmark Nutrition Facts Education Campaign – which includes increased retail participation.
- Completed 18 consultations since the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) announced its modernization activities.
- FCPC launched the GTA Food and Beverage Cluster, an initiative aiming to raise the profile of our industry.
Ramping up our Networking
and Best Practices offering
- FCPC’s members benefited from a Trade Talks breakfast with senior Loblaw Companies Limited leaders.
- Introduced a Marketing Networking Group and kicked off the first meeting with insights from Sandra Sanderson, Walmart’s Executive Vice-President of Marketing.
- The Legal Networking Group experienced strong growth and were key in delivering a compliance education event.
- Completed an interactive training session for member-company finance professionals to help them elevate their contribution to internal teams by understanding and assuming the role of business partner.
- Hosted industry events fostering networking and knowledge sharing with many aspects of the company, through our Supply Chain Symposium, Sales Conference, E-commerce event and Trade Talks Breakfasts